Monday, January 27, 2014

The First Day of School

On the first day of class at Prestigious Pup, Prince and I were the first ones to arrive.  The only individual at the outbuilding that was used for classes was one of the two instructors, and after I had identified who we were, he suggested I show him some of the things Prince already knew.  I told Prince to sit, and he stared at me as if he had never heard the command in his life.

"Well, he does it at home," I said, somewhat humiliated.

The instructor merely stared at me skeptically.

I soon found out why.  Moments later, his fellow instructor came into the building, with four dogs walking in a perfect line behind her.  When she paused and pointed, all four of them marched into their dog kennels,turned around once and lied down.

Prince appeared as fascinated by this phenomenon as I was.  He was not, however, fascinated enough to be quiet.  A spate of hysterical barking began, which increased in intensity and volume as the other dogs and their owners began to enter the building.

"Prince, no," I ordered...to no avail.  Blushing furiously, I pulled him to the back of the room, where a couple with two beautiful Gordon Setters was seated.  Prince barked at them, too,but the dogs didn't seem to mind.  They both just wagged their tails.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered to the owners.

"Never mind," the woman told me, reassuringly.  "He's gorgeous."

I feebly thanked her and pulled him away.  Little did I know that I was only at the beginning of what was going to be one of the most humiliating nights of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry to all those who have left comments! I have not received them because I did not know I had to enable this feature on my site. I should be able to receive and post them now!